Monday, April 14, 2008

colors

i just remembered the one time i went to this program in dr. dirnbach's after school for computer design and such. i mean i only went to it because they offered free pizza, but they said something that kind of made me confused. they started to talk about the primary colors and they told me that the primary colors were red, green, and blue. something is wrong here. no matter how hard they tried i could not be convinced that green was a primary color, not in nature at least. they then went on to tell me that it's been proven by scientists. see usually i'm an extremely rational person, and when backed up with evidence i tend to start to agree with scientific fact, but this i just could not agree with. i asked them if they could tell me how to create yellow, which they never did and i asked them to tell me what backs up this scientific fact of green being primary which they also never answered. i just cannot comprehend how i would go about making yellow with paint, if there was one thing i always understood, it was the way primary colors work and to be told that something i've believed to be solid fact isn't true is a bit unsettling. yellow and blue make green, yellow and red make orange, how do you accomplish this replacing yellow with green?

10 comments:

| | | | | | || | said...

isn't that only in the virtual world? as you explained, it makes no sense in the natural world we live in.
blue will keep it's hierarchy.

ANGELA said...

I don't know, but Dr. Dirnbach should be invited to our picnic.

Tim said...

Sean and I used to slowly inch our desks to one side of the room in Dirnbach's class. He never said anything about it. I wouldn't take anything he says as proof of anything but his own retardation.

eura mura said...

I don't remember what that guy taught. I don't even remember being in his class. I just remember him pissing me off fairly often.

crazygarbage said...

Dr. Dirnbach is a creep and horrible but he is the only person I've ever met who fully understands the theory of relativity.

ANGELA said...

He gives wonderful massages.

Jim Kauterman said...

He's talking about wavelengths and light... it has nothing to do with primary colors the way you're thinking.

He obviously had no idea how to explain it to an artist, despite being at an art school.

vaapad said...

it wasn't dirnbach it was some dick from drexel, maybe i should've made hat more clear.

eura mura said...

Hats should always be clear.

vaapad said...

shower cap?